Sunday, December 1, 2013

My Nail Care Routine

Hello and Happy December! Let the festivities begin...

I wanted to share my routine when it comes to cleaning and filing my nails.

I'll confess, I used to do it ALL wrong before, even when going to a nail salon to have my nails done, even then, they did it wrong. Or maybe I am too picky, or simply found what works for me.

IMG_6629

Hope that it works for you too...

I have learned the last couple of months that cutting your cuticles its a NO NO. You will find that many people and magazines repeat this a lot. I began using Sally Hansen Cuticle remover and it works wonders.

Image

Follow the instructions and any dead skin and cuticle will be gone and your nails will begin to look like new!

Right before I file my nails, I read somewhere that it was better to put cuticle oil in your nails to avoid splitting your nails as you file, I LOVED this idea. I would give credit to whoever said it but honestly I cannot think who it was.

I use all three of these as i love them all. CND cost $10 USD , I paid, I think about $5 for Burt Bees Cuticle cream and $12 for Blossom Scented Cuticle Oil on Amazon. Any cuticle oil I think its good but these three I used multiple times a day depending on my mood I used one more than the other.

Image

Pardon the look of my white buffer but I found that the oldest it is the less it would cause my nails to split. File your nails on one direction, preferably left to right, right to left but never up or down. I am not an expert or professional, I gather info from magazines and other people from Instagram, Facebook, blogs, etc. I use the emery file only when I have cuticle oil on my nails otherwise I will use the glass file as it tends to cause less damage on your nails. This Sephora file costs $10, then I use that ugly looking white buffer to smooth my nails edge, I never buff my nails plate, this causes them to become thin and prone to break easily.

Image

Now for nail treatments or base I have come to find that these three are the best I could find and that works for me in the last month

I have been using Duri Rejuvacote for a little bit over a week, and I noticed within two days a difference, I felt my nails stronger, or maybe its my imagination??! HA!

Nail Envy works great too as Essie's Grow Stronger did as well, the only thing is that my nails kept splitting, then many girls that I follow mentioned mixing,half O.P.I Nail Envy and half Essie's Grow stronger and guess what, my nails grew a little bit faster and stronger than using these by themselves. So my plan is for the moment to keep using Duri. Please do not spend more than $7 on Duri, I came across different beauty supplies while in NY selling it for an outregeous $14.99!

I found mine at a Nail Supply store in Brooklyn for $7,I know of other places that go for $6.49.

Nail Envy costs $16 and Essie's Grow stronger $8

Image

My go to lotion for the past 7 months has been True Blue by Bath and Body Works, I think this one is $14 0r around that price.

IMG_7008

I think I wrote more than I was planning to, hope this info helps in your search of what may work for you.

Thanks for reading!

Jary

6 comments:

  1. […] My Nail Care Routine (jarynails.com) […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi where did you get nail envy and your cuticle oil from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the nail envy on amazon if you are in the US it can be bought at pharmacies and beauty supplies. The cuticle oil shown here was a little too expensive. Island girl have a set of three for the same size for only USD$15. Hope it helps 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't live in USA I live in australia :-s

    ReplyDelete