Friday, March 13, 2015

Essie's Flowerista|Spring 2015

Happy Friday!

Today's post is the new Essie collection for spring 2015.

This collection celebrates the fresh perspectives and energetic nature of the spring season.

It is also the first collaboration with designer Rebecca Minkoff who is joining Essie as a global color designer.

I wish that Essie would come out with more spring-ish colors. Two of these, although beautiful colors, does not scream SPRING to me, you'll know which ones :-)

Let's get to them... I took different shots of many colors because some were really hard to capture the true color.

First up is Petal Pushers a slate grey and to me with a blue undertone. Beautiful color, a bit darker than my photo. Formula was really good, too good. Two coats plus top coat.Essie Petal Pushers

Essie Petal Pushers

Garden Variety is a teal blue, turquoise, or any other name in that range. You can tell that this color was very tricky to capture. I took photos with my Canon t3i, my iPhone , with flash and without it, and on every photo came out different.Essie Garden Variety

essie garden variety 1

[caption id="attachment_1302" align="aligncenter" width="640"]iPhone photo iPhone photo[/caption]

Regardless is a beautiful color, opaque in two coats, it was so smooth. The only downside? It stains, nothing that some whitening toothpaste and a brush can't solve :-)

Perennial Chic is a beautiful nude with peach undertone. So delicate. I did three thin coats for this as the brush was damaged (i'm sure it was my bottle only) it is still great formula.Essie Perennial chic

essie perennial chic

Next is Picked Perfect an antique almond peony, perfect coverage in two coats, very creamy, self leveling.Essie Picked perfect

essie picked perfect

Blossom Dandy is a very bright mint green, I was oh so sure that this was a complete dupe for Mint Apple Candy, after holding the bottles side by side and watching them, boy was I wrong. They are different. Not sure if its similar to other Essie's out there.

The formula was a bit thinner than the rest of the collection but it still had full coverage in two coats.Essie blossom dandy

 

[caption id="attachment_1301" align="aligncenter" width="640"]iPhone photo iPhone photo[/caption]

Last is the namesake of this collection Flowerista a gorgeous, beautiful, breathtaking beauty. In several previous posts I have mentioned that I am a sucker for purple and anything in that family.

The formula of this one was thicker, more creamy, it can easily be a one coater but for me I did two. Excellent coverage. My favorite!essie Flowerista

essie flowerista

[caption id="attachment_1300" align="aligncenter" width="640"]iPhone photo iPhone photo[/caption]

Since I wrote too much I'll just say that the collection is excellent, formula-wise speaking. As for the color, are they unique, not to me, since i have several polishes, that come really close.

If you don't own any similar color yes, get them, RUN and get them. It will be worth it.

Until next post,

Love, Jary

3 comments:

  1. I really like this new collection of Essie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share your fav top
    Coat! The flowerista looks soo shiny and pretty! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My all time favorite is by Glisten and Glow. HK Girl Top coat. Really good and won't smudge.

    ReplyDelete