Thursday, June 18, 2015

Essie Neons 2015

Hello,

I have been really lazy lately and procrastinating...a lot. Well, at least on posting these swatches.

Essie released six "neon" shades for this summer and unlike the neons from last year, these do not need a white base. I'll say that it is optional.

The names of this collection were inspired by the Coachella music festival that is celebrated in California. These are fun names, I really liked them.

Let's jump right away to the swatches and what I think about these.

First up is Groove is in the Heart,a peachy pink, I would not call it neon, but is pretty bright.
When applying the first coat I got a lot of streaks and a hot mess. Once I applied the second coat it got better. Two coats should be enough but I did three for opacity.




Make Some Noise is an electric blue, very vibrant and oh so hard to capture the true color, really hard!
Formula was great with two coats. Really loving this color, a lot. Will stain your nails and skin as it is "normal" with this type of color. Just brush your nails with whitening toothpaste and done!


Melody Maker is a gorgeous teal, almost like a jelly, and also hard to capture the true color.
Will also stain your nails and skin as it is "normal" with this type of color. Just brush your nails with whitening toothpaste and done! I did three thin coats.


Vibrant Vibes, in my opinion the only true neon, very unique for Essie and a ok formula. Will dry a bit matte, just add a top coat and it will make you a little blind ;-)
Did three thin coats for opacity.


Coacha'Bella is a molten magenta. Good formula.
When i first looked at it I thought of Flowerista from the Spring collection but with more pink undertone. Two coats.


and lastly is All Access Pass, a boho violet with blue undertone which is more visible in my photos.
two coats of this beauty.


Are they vibrant colors? Yes, but not the kind of neon that makes you go blind :-) Though the colors sure are really pretty.
Regardless, the colors are beautiful.

These are available now for $8.50 at Essie's website.

Take care,

Jary

No comments:

Post a Comment