Friday, January 1, 2016

Essie's Retro Revival Collection | Swatches & Review

Happy New Year!

Wishing you a great year, full of success, health, positivity and a world with much less violence.
Hope that your celebration was amazing and safe.

Today I have the new limited edition from Essie: Retro Revival in celebration of their 35th anniversary!
From Essie's website:

"for essie's fabulous anniversary, we're celebrating vegas style in honor of the ultimate party town where it all began. in honor of this iconic birthday, the legendary essie color archive has been opened with a thrilling glimpse into the brand's dazzling history. the result is a limited edition collection of six iconic shades that all promise a sparkling night of thrills."



Let's start with Birthday Suit a very delicate nude. This color is sheer but offers great coverage with three thin coats. The formula was good.
 
 
 
Sequin Sash is a very, very sheer glittery nail polish, with silver flecks. In order to achieve full opacity more than three coats would have to be done, for me it looked perfect with three thin coats.

 
 
Cabana Boy, one of my favorites and I don't think I own anything similar from Essie or any other brand. This beauty is like a mix of cream, jelly and metallic all in one, well at least to me and that is what made me love it more. I did three thin coats of this ultra-cool pearly white.

 
If I could do without a polish fro this collection it would be Bikini with a Martini. It is a beautiful color but not my cup of tea. I am not a fan of iridescent colors but this one's formula was not great either, not even three coats would do a decent coverage.

 
From the first coat I fell head over heels with Life of the Party! The formula, the color, the application, everything was a dream with this color! I did two coats of this pinot noir pearl.

 
Last but never, never the least is Starry Starry Night. Although the formula was a little goopy, the application was normal and the end result after two coats is a non-stop how long can you stare at your nails for? This "legendary midnight blue, twinkling with silvery stars and glittering like the night sky" is sure to be another favorite.

 
Although I did three coats for many of the polishes it was not that bad to wait for them to dry. I'll admit that I rather have a two coater but for some of this I can make the sacrifice :-)
 
If you are planning on at least getting Starry Starry Night, stay away from eBay! The abuse these sellers have with their prices is beyond ridiculous. I bought these from Essie's website (fulfilled by Beauty.com) or you can also get them from Amazon.
 
Until next post,
 
Jary
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment